What To Pack For A One Day Cruise: Hawaii Guide
If you’re taking a one-day cruise in Hawaii, then you’ll need to pack the right items! A day cruise is the perfect way to see some of the beautiful islands in Hawaii, and it’s a great way to relax and have some fun. In this blog post, we will discuss what you should bring with you on your cruise. We’ll cover everything from clothes and sunscreen to snacks and cameras! No matter if you’re sailing around Maui or exploring the beautiful coastline of Kauai, be sure to read this post before packing for your trip!
Why Day Cruises Are Great In The First Place
If you’re looking to explore Hawaii’s waters but don’t have the time for a multiple-day or week-long cruise, then a day cruise is the perfect option for you. You’ll still get to see all the amazing sights that Hawaii has to offer, but without having to pack for an extended trip. And since day cruises are typically shorter and less expensive than their longer counterparts, they’re also a great option for budget-minded travelers. Whether you’re looking to save time or money, a day cruise is sure to fit the bill.
The Basics For A One Day Cruise
No matter where you are, there are some items that you should always bring for a day out on a boat. It could be a day out on the lake, or it could be a thrilling sunset snorkeling tour in Hawaii. Regardless of what you’re doing, you should have these items with you.
- A Backpack or Duffel Bag. If the boat you’re on doesn’t have lockers or protected storage, it’s best to have a duffel bag, day bag, or backpack that you can keep near you. This helps you stay organized and keep track of your belongings.
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses, & Lip Balm. The sun in Hawaii is intense. Not only do you burn more quickly but being out on the water for the day means an even quicker sunburn. The rays of the sun hit the water and bounce back, which exposes you to more sun rays that can be damaging to your skin and eyes. Just be sure to bring reef-safe sunscreen as non-reef-safe sunscreen is officially banned in the State of Hawaii.
- A Camera, Waterproof Camera, or GoPro. If you’re on a boat, chances are you’ll be swimming or at least get a little wet from a couple of splashes. In Hawaii, there are endless coral reefs and marine life to see, and one of the best ways to capture it is with a GoPro or waterproof camera! This lets you capture some of those magical moments underwater and look at them later. Of course, if you plan on using your phone as a camera, your safest bet is to get a waterproof phone case or pouch.
- Towels & Swim trunks. This one is another pretty obvious one, but you would be surprised how many people forget. Pack a towel or two, and some trunks so you’re ready to jump in if your boat tour allows! The towel can also be used as something to lay on and soak up the sun.
- Snacks & Drinks. While many great cruise companies provide fantastic complimentary food and drinks (like us at Kauai Sea Tours), some will not. Bring plenty of water and your favorite snacks to keep you fueled for a great day on the water.
- Extra Clothes & Good Shoes. You want to make sure you dress for the occasion and have proper footwear. Sandals, water shoes, flip flops – whatever will keep you comfy and won’t be ruined by moisture or water. Extra warm clothes for the ride back could be nice, the wind and water can make you colder than you would think, especially at the end of the day when the sun begins to set.
Tips For Preparing For A One Day Cruise
- Stay Hydrated! Being out on the water all day can be exhausting, both physically and mentally. It’s important to make sure you are staying hydrated and healthy before, during, and after your cruise. Sports drinks and water are great choices for a day out on the boat. The sun and physical activity you get when you’re having fun also drains your body, and you sweat much more than you realize when you’re swimming.
- Get Rest Before The Trip. It’s important to be well-rested before heading out. As always, you want to make sure you have the energy to enjoy it to the fullest. Get plenty of sleep and treat your body well.
- Eat A Light Meal. Eating a light meal beforehand helps you stay full and energized too. Try not to eat foods that might upset your stomach!
Pack Your Bags And Book Your Day Cruise!
Now that you know how to pack and prepare for a day cruise, it’s time to book one! Wherever you are, it will be a great experience and an unforgettable day. Now that you’re packed and prepared, get out on the water!
If you’re on Kauai, we at Kauai Sea Tours offer some of the best day cruises full of amenities such as snacks, drinks, snorkeling equipment, and more. Reach out now or visit our tours page to learn more. We hope to see you soon and thank you for reading!